Program Overview Started in 2013 to help develop tomorrows stars! 2017 marks the fifth consecutive year of our off season development program. We focus on teaching and developing fundamental skills in every player, fostering competition, and growing a passion for the game in players ages 5-12. Our program is open to any player in this age range from any organization.
Our coaches have a passion for the game of hockey and love to teach it. That's the key to the program's success!
Our Commitment: We believe that these young players are truly the future of our game and we strive to give them a solid fundamental base from which they can grow and build. We will emphasize teaching and development. We will treat each player with respect and focus our efforts on helping each player become the best they can be!
Purpose: Development! Our focus is on helping young players of all ability levels continue to learn and develop essential hockey skills during the off season. We emphasize teaching and while we foster and encourage teamwork, the purpose of the program is to develop each player’s unique skill set and their hockey knowledge during the off-season.
Registration & Schedules: Registration will be open until Feb. 15, 2017. Spaces in each session are limited ant fill fast. Schedules will be posted in Feb. 2017.
Details on cost will be released early winter 2016.
2017 Clinics SOLD OUT 2017 3 v 3 League 10 Sessions May - August 20172006 & 2007 Birth Years, Limited to 24 Players Total
This program is designed for 2005, 2006 & 2007 birth year players to develop and learn to apply their skills and hockey sense in controlled, competitive game situations. This program focuses on:
SOLD OUT 2017 U16 Elite Program7 Sessions May - August 2017Ages 14-16, Limited to 8 Players Total
- Teaching situational awareness
- Application of skills to help the team
- Application of hockey sense to help the team
- Teaching in a controlled game setting
- Increasing each player's compete level
This program is designed to help elite level players prepare for the upcoming season. Each session will include development, concepts, and competition in a 3v3 setting. Areas of focus include:
SOLD OUT 2017 Advanced Training Program12 Sessions May - August 20172006 & 2007 Birth Years, Limited to 8 Players Total
- Body Contact – proper technique and timing and situations
- Footwork – crossovers, pivots, and transitioning with speed
- Playing in Traffic – possessing the puck and creating space
- Situational Play – reading the play and quickly recognizing options
- Concepts – playing on the correct side of the puck (offensive/defensive side)
- Dynamic Offensive Play – creating opportunities and how to score
- Gap Control – controlling gaps to our advantage (offense and defense)
- Play Without the Puck – proper support in situations at all areas of the ice
- Seminars on hockey options for players after high school/midget hockey.
This program is designed to help elite level players prepare for the upcoming season. Each session will start with 45 minutes of off-ice training followed by one hour of on-ice training. Space in this program is very limited as it is designed to consist of a small group of players. This program focuses on:
SOLD OUT 2017 U10 Skating & Puck Skills 7 Sessions June - August 2017Limited to 10 Players Total
- Off-ice training and conditioning
- Teaching situational awareness and options
- Skill development
- Decision making at speed & under pressure
- Up tempo format emphasizing speed
- Team Concepts - offense, defense, transition
- Incorporating physical play into the game
- Practice with intensity and purpose.
This program is designed for U10 players to continue their development in a small group setting with lots of teaching and repetitions. The program focuses exclusively on developing skating and puck skills. These are the 2 key areas of the game that young players need to become proficient in as they grow and advance in the game.
SOLD OUT 2017 Future Stars Summer Program 7 Sessions May - August 2017U8 players Limited to 12 Players Total
- Learning proper technique
- Repetitions -the key to becoming proficient
- Skating - Stride, balance, footwork, edges
- Puck Handling & puck protection techniques
- Passing & receiving the puck
- Shooting - Shooting to score
- Basic team & competitive concepts
This program focuses on U8 players. It is designed to take place in a small group setting allowing us to teach and challenge the players in an appropriate manner thereby maximizing the benefit they receive. This program is well-rounded and focuses on the fundamental skills of hockey:
- Skating - stride, balance, turning, & stopping
- Puck Skills - stickhandling, passing, shooting
- Development of basic hockey knowledge
- Fun - making earning the game fun for all!