Program Overview Started in 2013 to help develop tomorrows stars! 2017 marks the fifth consecutive year of our off season development program. We focus on teaching and developing fundamental skills in every player, fostering competition, and growing a passion for the game in players ages 5-12. Our program is open to any player in this age range from any organization.
Our coaches have a passion for the game of hockey and love to teach it. That's the key to the program's success!
Our Commitment: We believe that these young players are truly the future of our game and we strive to give them a solid fundamental base from which they can grow and build. We will emphasize teaching and development. We will treat each player with respect and focus our efforts on helping each player become the best they can be!
Purpose: Development! Our focus is on helping young players of all ability levels continue to learn and develop essential hockey skills during the off season. We emphasize teaching and while we foster and encourage teamwork, the purpose of the program is to develop each player’s unique skill set and their hockey knowledge during the off-season.
Registration & Schedules: Registration will be open until Feb. 15, 2018. Spaces in each session are limited ant fill fast. Schedules will be posted in Feb. 2018.
Details on cost as well as 2018 dates and schedules will be released in January 2018.
2018 Clinics 2018 3 v 3 League Sessions & Dates TBDBirth Years and Registration Maximum TBD
This program is designed for 2006, 2007 and 2008 birth year players to develop and learn to apply their skills and hockey sense in controlled, competitive game situations. This program focuses on:
2018 U16 Elite Program7 Sessions July - August 2018Ages 15-16, Limited to 6 Players Total
- Teaching situational awareness
- Application of skills to help the team
- Application of hockey sense to help the team
- Teaching in a controlled game setting
- Increasing each player's compete level
This program is designed to help elite level players prepare for the upcoming season. Each session will include development, concepts, and competition in a 3v3 setting. Areas of focus include:
2018 U12 Elite & U10 Elite7 Sessions July - August 20182006 & 2007 Birth Years (U12) and 2008 & 2009 Birth years (U10), Limited to 8 Players Total per Session
- Body Contact – proper technique and timing and situations
- Footwork – crossovers, pivots, and transitioning with speed
- Playing in Traffic – possessing the puck and creating space
- Situational Play – reading the play and quickly recognizing options
- Concepts – playing on the correct side of the puck (offensive/defensive side)
- Dynamic Offensive Play – creating opportunities and how to score
- Gap Control – controlling gaps to our advantage (offense and defense)
- Play Without the Puck – proper support in situations at all areas of the ice
- Seminars on hockey options for players after high school/midget hockey.
This program is designed to help elite level players prepare for the upcoming season. Each session will off-ice preparation followed by one hour of on-ice training. Space in this program is very limited as it is designed to consist of a small group of players. This program focuses on:
2018 U10 Skating & Puck Skills 7 Sessions Dates TBDLimited to 8 Players Total
- Teaching situational awareness and options
- Skill development
- Decision making at speed & under pressure
- Up tempo format emphasizing speed
- Team Concepts - offense, defense, transition
- Incorporating physical play into the game
- Practice with intensity and purpose.
This program is designed for U10 players to continue their development in a small group setting with lots of teaching and repetitions. The program focuses exclusively on developing skating and puck skills. These are the 2 key areas of the game that young players need to become proficient in as they grow and advance in the game.
2018 Future Stars Summer Program 7 Sessions April - May 2018 (Possibly and August session too)U8 players Limited to 14 Players Total
- Learning proper technique
- Repetitions -the key to becoming proficient
- Skating - Stride, balance, footwork, edges
- Puck Handling & puck protection techniques
- Passing & receiving the puck
- Shooting - Shooting to score
- Basic team & competitive concepts
This program focuses on U8 players. It is designed to take place in a small group setting allowing us to teach and challenge the players in an appropriate manner thereby maximizing the benefit they receive. This program is well-rounded and focuses on the fundamental skills of hockey:
- Skating - stride, balance, turning, & stopping
- Puck Skills - stickhandling, passing, shooting
- Development of basic hockey knowledge
- Fun - making earning the game fun for all!